Access controls are assigned to windows using the PM
Extensions, and to objects using the WPS Extensions. The
method is identical in both instances.
- Open the Window protection dialog using one of these methods:
- If assigning access controls to a window, open the DevTech
menu on the title bar of the window you wish to protect and select
the Protection item.
- If assigning access controls to an object, open the object's
settings notebook to the Access policies page.
- The PM Extensions will open the Window protection
dialog, the WPS Extensions will open the Access policies
page. They are virtually identical in appearance and function.
- Select the On radio button in the Object access control
area of this dialog to enable access controls for this window.
- The Manage access control policies container at the bottom of
the window displays the access control objects currently assigned to
this window. If no objects have been assigned, it will be blank. To
add or remove access control objects, click your <
button> in the container to open the Add / Remove policy
- Select the Add policy menu item to open the Access control
policy assignment dialog.
- Select the operation to be controlled from the Controlled
operation drop-down list box:
- Select Window Activation to control who can select this
- Select Window Settings to control who can change the settings
for this window (e.g. the access controls).
- Select the access control object to use from the Access control
object drop-down list box.
You can select more than one policy, but the order in which you
select them is the order in which they will be evaluated.
- Click OK to close the Access control policy assignment
- Close the Window protection dialog or the settings notebook.