- Backup your existing system - this procedure is always recommended
before performing any system upgrades.
- Locate the directory where your existing 1.x DeskMan/2 code
- If you are going to install DeskMan/2 v2.0 using an Upgrade
edition, copy the existing DESKMAN.DLL file to a temporary location
on your hard drive.
- Run the DeskMan/2 1.x INSTALL.EXE program from the directory
- When the installation program comes up, follow the on-screen
directions to completely uninstall and remove all installed components.
- Shut down and reboot upon completion of the previous step.
- When the system is back up, locate and examine the directory
where the previously installed DeskMan/2 v1.x code was installed.
If desired, this directory and all data within it may be deleted,
or saved for possible later use.
- Run the DeskMan/2 v2.0 Installation program (INSTALL.EXE).
If using an upgrade edition, you will need to locate the DESKMAN.DLL
file saved in step 3 for an initial installation. After an initial
v2.0 installation, this file may be deleted. Install all desired
DeskMan/2 v2.0 components.
- Shut down and reboot the system upon completion of the previous
- All desired DeskMan/2 v2.0 components should now be installed